Wiikey Configuration disc
From OzModChips Wiki
The Wiikey config disc can be used after installation, to:
- Configure the setting on your Wiikey
- Launch Popular Homebrew applications
- Backup your original games using an SD Gecko Adapter
 Where to download
Official Config disc 1.2 from wiikey.cn - Download
We have mirrored the download here - Download
 How to use
WiiVision have made a perfect guide check it out here
There is a lot of information to take in on that page! Most people won't use half of the features on there. The wiikey comes from the factory with region override turned off. This means you will not be able to play international games. To enable international games:
- Burn the config disc for your region
- Insert the config disc in the wii and press 'start' of course
- When the menu has loaded press the 'reset' button down for a second to select 'wiikey configuration'
- Hold reset down again for a second to turn region override on
- Tap the reset button to move down to 'save settings', then told down reset again to select it.
- You will be returned to the main menu. You can either just turn your console off and on again, or use the software reset, which is the last option on the menu.
Please read our section on Playing International games with your wiiKey before you more forward.
 Issues with firmware 3.0
The latest official Wii firmware (at date of writing 12/08/2007) causes small problems with popular modchip configuration discs. They haven't figured out how to detect modchips, but they have figured out how to detect things that modchip users do. One of them is inserting wiikey config 1.2
The wiikey configuration disc will detect on the main wii menu. It will appear as a gamecube game, but when you click start, it will come up with a 'dirty disc error'. This usually happens when you have a scratched disc and the wii struggles to read data. In this case, they are forcing this error to appear.
There are currently 2 ways to work around this
If you have a Gamecube controller If you have a Gamecube controller (every wii owner should have one!) then you can download the file below for PAL consoles only. Instructions on how to use it are in the file, but bassically you need to boot the config disc through a program called GCOS. Kudos to Mark B in Melbourne for making this DVD.
Download GCOS with wiikey 1.2 embeded - 8mb download
If you DON'T have a Gamecube controller If you don't have GC controller, you need to use 2 Discs. This one here below, and then the official disc. The disc below will come up with an error when you try and launch it on your wii. You then eject the disc and swap it with the official wiikey config disc. Again, thanks to Mark B for this.
Download Wiikey modded Hex Swap Disc - 8mb download
 Config 1.3
Config disc 1.3 is now available but is only for use with a wiikey with 1.9 firmware.
The only new thing you can set is the ability to play international gamecube games without doing a disc swap. A wii with firmware 3.0+ will NOT block a config disc from running as long as region override is set to on (annoying hey?)